Friday, January 7, 2011

Arrival in Firenze!

I have arrived in Firenze!! Flying was great-I went with my friends Hillary and Ally, so that definitely made things easier! We connected in Philly and Frankfort, Germany and had perfect timing in between both flights (just enough time to get to the next terminal, but not too long to get antsy).

I didn't get much sleep on the plane (roughly 45 minutes TOTAL)...but I watched Two and Half Men, Date Night, and Salt - which all did a great job of keeping my mind off the duration of my flight! I also listened to the live tour of James Taylor and Carole King since I didn't get to see them in concert last year ;)

My favorite flight was from Frankfort to Florence, the flight attendent was so full of life and asked us if we wanted to pop open a bottle of sparkling wine...I passed because it was 5 o'clock in the morning, but it was nice of him! But the best part was flying over the Swiss Alps, they were beautiful!! They popped up right through the clouds!

Landing and getting a taxi was cake - Hillary, Ally, and I all shared a taxi ride to the Villa. We checked in with Helen (she is like our house mom) and got assigned our rooms! I'm in room 18, and it's a bedroom right off of the library. I have 2 roommates, Brittany and Andi! I lucked out once again and got great roommates going in blind! :)

I went to the centro comercial (supermarket thingy) and it was VERY difficult to buy towels, let alone read the labels to decipher which bottle is shampoo and which is conditioner. We were also out of luck buying food there (our main point of going). But I got a huge bottle of wine for 2 euros...better luck next time!

I finished unpacking and I just couldn't make it...it was 230pm here and I just HAD to sleep! So I took a little nap-and I'm glad I did! I feel much better, hopefully I will be able to get a good night sleep tonight! (Of course after we go out to celebrate my roommate Andi's birthday!)

We have dinner tonight at 7, and then orientation tomorrow morning! Can't wait! Love and miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you landed safely and are already having a great time! So proud of you B, enjoy life as it comes at you, take in all the sights, smells and sounds because there's nothing like it!

    Love you,
    Drew
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweetie, thanks for your email that you arrived safely. I could actually hear your email and it brought back fond memories. We are safely back in the states until tomorrow. Wish all of you were here like last year but hopefully next:) Have a great time and tell you roomies I said hi and can't wait to meet them. Are they from UofM or UofW?
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Breezy. I hope your first weekend in Firenze was wonderful! One of the first thoughts I had when I woke up today was "I wonder if Breezy is going to text me about going to church?" Oops! She's half way around the world.

    Had lunch with Brittany yesterday before she went back to school. Really enjoyed that! I think she is ready to be done studying for a while. Her NY Jets won last night so I'm sure she's in a good mood today. All of her roommates hate the Jets so the victory was all the sweeter for her!

    We all miss our "toll booth tooter"!

    vivi, ama e ridi!
    5 Parole - Dad

    ReplyDelete